Focus in our work
Show society what advanced materials are and how it develops society
- Newsletter with updates on what´s going on in Sweden and the EU
- Ongoing communication to society about what advanced materials is and how it can contribute to sustainable societal development (company examples, research, applications, etc.)
- Develop the web as a “first door in” to knowledge about advanced materials in Sweden
- Policy proposals for the policy for how new materials can be strengthened in Sweden
- Consultation for bills in the Government and the parliament
- Collaboration with other sectors about opportunities and risks with new materials
- Working groups with different focuses produce proposals for policy or working methods
- Matchmaking – we know where the knowledge is and can connect different stakeholders
- Network meetings with to connect companies, researchers and investors
- Annual Nordic /international conference on progress in business and research
- When there are common interests from members, the association can be a platform for externally funded projects.
Analysis of companies and ongoing research In Sweden
During 2021 SAAMs is doing an study of the advanced materials sector in in Sweden. The analysis consists of a quantitative analysis based on statistics and economic data as well as a qualitative part based on interviews with companies that works with advanced materials.
The aim of the study is to proesent a fact-based report that can be used to describe what advanced materials are and why this is an important area for Sweden.
The purpose of the quantitative analysis is to describe which companies, large and start-ups, that works within the area in different industries, where they are located and how they contribute to societal development (jobs, profitability, etc.). Ongoing research at universities will be described and also authorities and organizations that work with advanced materials.
The purpose of the qualitative interview study is to describe what and how different companies work and what need they have for R&D by giving examples of large companies and start-ups.
There are a lot of initiatives that point out ambitions for advanced materials in Sweden such as the Roadmap for industry and SwedNanoTech’s roadmap for how the sector can be developed. This will be the first analysis since 2007 of how the sector of advanced materials can be described, ie. companies, research groups and organizations/authorities.
The study is mainly financed by the Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research.